A real PR and Communications job, in a real PR and Communications consultancy or in-house team. As a Higher Apprentice, you will learn on-the-job, picking up skills and CV-enhancing experience while studying for nationally-recognised qualifications. A genuine opportunity to 'earn while you learn' in an exciting, varied and challenging industry.
The PR Apprenticeship is a Level 4 Higher apprenticeship in Public Relations. It is a real job, in a real consultancy, or real in-house team. As a Higher Apprentice you will learn on-the-job, picking up skills and experience from colleagues and mentors, while also studying for a nationally, and industry recognised qualification.
Through hands-on experience and on-the-job training, a PR Apprenticeship offers many benefits, including:
- Earn money, get qualified, gain experience
- An excellent alternative to university
- Receive relevant and specific training in many key areas of public relations
- Gain nationally and industry recognised PR qualifications
- Receive support during training
- Access to PRCA’s learning resources
- Expert training from the PRCA through webinars and face to face training
- Membership with the leading industry body for PR and Communications professionals
PR Higher Apprenticeship is open to anyone in England over the age of 16 who is not in full time education. Funding for employers, to pay for the Apprenticeship training is not available to Graduates, so it is expected that the majority of employers will be looking for young people with at least A-Level qualifications or equivalent. The Higher Apprenticeship in Public Relations is a Level 4 programme, equivalent to first year degree level so you will need to have excellent writing and communication skills and be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, understanding and a desire for a career in Public Relations. All apprentices will be employed in a paid role within the PR and Communications industry, with Apprenticeship training employment contracts.