The PRCA has launched Ethical Champions, aimed at celebrating the PR and communications agencies that are ethical and proud of it.
Ethical Champions are the latest step in the PRCA’s work to raise standards and celebrate those who uphold the highest standards, providing a guiding light for the PR and communications industry.
There are five categories:
- Very small agency: Up to £500k turnover
- Small agency: £501k to £1.5m turnover
- Medium agency: £1.51m to £2.5m turnover
- Large agency: £2.51m to £5m turnover
- Very large agency: More than £5m turnover
What does it take to be an Ethical Champion?
You must demonstrate the following four key attributes:
Do you believe that a happy, healthy staff leads to a better service for clients? Do you do the utmost to ensure their wellbeing?
Ethical account management
Are you mindful of the moral aspects of account work? Are your staff encouraged to express their own ethical concerns?
Recruitment and retention
How do you ensure that interview candidates are sourced from the broadest pool? How do you ensure that interns are given valuable, structured internships?
Ethical business practices
What structures do you have in place to ensure that the way that you do business is as ethical as possible?
How to enter
Scroll down for a broader outline of the four areas we would like you to respond to in your entry. The entry fee is £115+VAT per entry, and you can pay below. Once you have done so, please email your entry to email@example.com.
For each entry or nomination, we require:
- Maximum 1,000 words – minimum font size 10
- Maximum size of entry, two sides of A4
- Optional supporting pictures, graphs, clippings or screen grabs – maximum two sides of A4
- All entries must relate to the time frame 1st January, 2016 – 31st December, 2016
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format
The deadline for entries is 28th February. The winners will be announced at a free-to-attend drinks reception in March.