This course aims to provide an introduction to everyday PR activities, covering a broad range of areas allowing new recruits, executives and those moving over from an administrative role to gain an understanding in the world of PR.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Carousel PR, Manchester, M50 2ST
Places available: 8
Places remaining: 3
Trainer: Trevor Morris FPRCA
How attendees will benefit
Attendees will be able to:
- Define PR and define where it fits in the marketing mix and what it can contribute to reputation
- Structure a basic PR campaign, including targeting and evaluation
- Identify the core range of PR tactics
- Structure a news story and employ the key steps in calling a journalist
Who should attend
This course is aimed at junior level staff and is suitable for newly recruited graduates or for those moving on from an administrative role into a PR role.
It is advised that delegates who have attended/are scheduled to attend Introduction to PR do not attend Planning a Strategic PR Campaign as well.
What attendees will learn:
- What is PR, where does it fit in the marketing mix and how does it contribute to ‘reputation'?
- The structure of the PR industry and its different styles and specialisms
- What are the key elements of a PR campaign?
- The importance of targeting and evaluation
- What are the tactics available to PR practitioners?
- What are the key elements of a great press release?
- How to call a journalist - some top tips
Attendees will receive a course workbook at the start of the course containing all the key learning and exercises. This is completed during the course and then taken away by the attendee for future reference.