Formally known as Writing Skills for PR Professionals.
Writing well is at the heart of effective communications. It is an essential part of a PR professional's role, applied across the job specification to include news releases, features, proposals, reports and writing for the web. Good writing means finding the balance between form and content, structure and style. It means understanding your audience and tailoring written content to suit them.
Event Type: Webinar
Address: Online, Online, SE1 0BE
Places available: 50
Places remaining: 10
Trainer: Emma Ewing MPRCA
How attendees will benefit
Attendees will learn the fundamentals of essential PR writing. They will see how to write effectively for different media and will be able to adapt their style to suit different audiences.
Who should attend
This foundation seminar is ideal for people new to PR and those who want to brush up on their core PR writing skills.
What attendees will learn
- Structure and formula: how to write press releases that appeal to journalists - what works and what doesn't
- The importance of headlines and first paragraphs
- How to put a blog or article together to engage and inform
- Tips on writing headlines so that people want to read your content
- Varying writing style to suit intended audience and objectives
- 5 common mistakes to avoid
Attendees will receive a copy of the presentation.