This blog is part of our PRedictions series, a collection of posts from PR and communications leaders offering insights, advice, and opinions on how our industry can grow in 2019. To view our full list of 2019 PRedictions, click here. Annabel Dunstan, Founder and CEO, Question and Retain, predicts:
- Forward-thinking agencies who want to attract, gain and retain top talent will offer flexible working to all, regardless of job title or pay grade
- Improved technology will support more remote working and allow virtual presence through slicker video comms and who knows maybe even telepresence robots by 2020?
- Awareness and understanding of mental health will continue to rise and mental fitness will become the new buzzwords for employee wellbeing
- Millennials will impact on management styles as old-school ways of command and control fall by the wayside and rigid corporate structures will give way to regular feedback and encouragement
- Artificial intelligence will creep into day to day life from basic email spam filtering to machine learning a growing number of tasks
The agency leadership teams that listen well to their people and their clients and act on what they are saying will continue to be the winners in 2019. The ability to retain top talent and to achieve aggregate smashing client satisfaction scores will always be among the key ingredients for success.