This highly-practical seminar shows delegates how to produce B2B media material which is just as interesting and engaging as the B2C stories which win awards. It explains what editors are looking for and how to encourage B2B clients to be more adventurous. Participants learn how to research and compose B2B stories according to the same rules which journalists are trained to use, and how to pitch B2B material successfully to trade, technical and general-interest media outlets.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Newington Communications, London, SE1 0BE
Places available: 10
Places remaining: 2
Trainer: Adrian Wheeler FPRCA
The seminar covers:
- B2B clients: finding the hooks and news-pegs
- B2B media: what they want, how they operate
- Media selection, media relationships
- B2B story structure and format
- B2B story content and style
- Making the most of a weak story
- Online interaction
- Practical exercise: news
- Practical exercise: case-studies
- Practical exercise: op-eds
- Practical exercise: features
- Practical exercise: placing stories
The seminar includes tutorial, examples, discussion-sessions and workshops.
Participants receive a copy of the course materials, checklists and a set of media writing guidelines.
The presenter is the author of 'Writing for the Media', a title in the PRCA's Practice Guide series, published by Emerald Publishing.