In any area of comms, and in fact, in everyday life, negotiation is unavoidable. From working with suppliers or managing up, through to client/agency discussions on metrics or budgets, this fundamental skill, if honed, could make all the difference to your efficacy at work and ultimately your career. This half-day workshop will teach you to negotiate more effectively, using tried and tested methods for practical application.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: PRCA, 82 Great Suffolk Street, London, SE1 0BE
Places available: 6
Places remaining: 4
Trainer: Jane Fordham MPRCA
Put simply negotiation is a process by which people settle their differences. Two parties work towards a mutually beneficial agreement, whilst avoiding disputes. Sometimes the stakes are low but commonly in business, the opposite is true and such interaction can be business critical.
- Learn how to prepare for negotiation
- Walk a mile in the other party’s shoes
- Understand when to negotiate
- Appreciate the importance of levers in a negotiation situation
- What to expect in a situation that may require compromise
- Be afforded able opportunity to scenario practice and discussion
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed at comms professionals (probably managers and above) regularly required to negotiate effectively. Essentially anyone looking to improve the practical effectiveness of their negotiation skills.
Attendees will learn to:
- Define what negotiation is and what it isn’t
- Understand resistance and so-called ‘non-negotiable’ situations
- Actively listen for greater understanding
- Understand the true definition of a ‘win-win’ situation
- Apply the three steps to negotiation
All course content will be available to attendees