The cornerstone of any PR campaign is gaining media coverage for your client's story. Yet pitching a story to a journalist is probably the single most daunting task in public relations practice. Add to this the sheer volume of stories being sold into the media every day and the task starts to look impossible.
What PR consultants require is a pitch strategy, coupled with an armoury of tactics to cut through the noise and score with a story that will interest a journalist. This course helps consultants meet the challenge of pitching stories to the media successfully.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: PRCA, London, SE1 0BE
Places available: 8
Places remaining: 0
Trainer: Steve Dunne FPRCA
How attendees will benefit
From a combination of insightful teaching and dynamic practical sessions delegates will:
- Be equipped with the confidence to deal with different types of journalists
- Furnished with the strategies and tactics to successfully pitch in stories to all types of media
- Gain the experience during the course of selling in a live story to a journalist and receiving feedback
Who should attend
This course is aimed at account executives who would like to develop their skills and become more confident at selling stories into the media.
What attendees will learn
- Common problems encountered when selling in a story
- The key ingredients for a strong story
- Riding the News Cycle
- Constructing an angle that sells your story
- Tailoring your story to fit the different media
- Knowing who you are selling to
- Knowing the media timetable
- Building the media contact list
- Telephone techniques and tactics
- Following up your pitch
- Leveraging your story through interviews, photography etc.
- Sales techniques on the telephone
What materials will attendees receive
Attendees will receive the comprehensive course presentation