This course will introduce you to techniques which can be used to enable you to create a realistic budget, and show you how to monitor actual performance against the budget.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: PRCA, London, SE1 0BE
Places available: 8
Places remaining: 0
Trainer: Richard Staskiewicz MPRCA
How attendees will benefit
Following the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the terminology used by accountants and be able to communicate more effectively with them
- Create more realistic budgets
- Monitor actual performance against budget and take corrective action in order to enhance performance
Who should attend
This course is aimed at those who are new to creating and managing budgets, and those who have budget experience but who feel that they would benefit from additional training.
What attendees will learn
- The benefits and limitations of budgeting
- The difference between incremental and zero-based budgets
- The key stages in the budgeting process
- The importance of stating budget assumptions
- How to create and profile the budget
- How to forecast the year-end (or project-end) position
- How to undertake variance analysis and take corrective action
- How to present the budget and respond to challenges
Attendees will receive handouts and exercises during the day. These can be taken away at the end of the course, along with powerpoint handouts.