In many areas of comms, and in fact in life, negotiation is unavoidable. It’s a valuable skill to hone at any career stage but how well do you negotiate for your own career development or salary? All too often people lack the skills or confident self-assurance to manage their careers effectively. This webinar will provide a toolkit to turn this around.
Event Type: Webinar
Places available: 50
Places remaining: 50
Trainer: Jane Fordham MPRCA
No matter how good your line manager, your mentor or even friends and family, the ultimate responsibility for achieving the most fulfilling career path, lies with you. This webinar will teach you tried and tested methods to negotiate more effectively, put specifically in the context of setting your own career path, ensuring you get justly rewarded for your contribution, skills and experience.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Develop a long-term career path
- Define and control a ‘personal’ brand
- Build relationships with line managers and team leaders
- Understand when to negotiate
- Prepare for career conversations and salary reviews
- Deal with difference of opinion & conflict
- Cultivate a support network, drawing on broad resources
- Frame your conversation so your ‘boss’ will hear you
Who should attend:
This course is designed at comms professionals of all levels who are interested in taking greater control over their career paths, development and rewards.