Event Type: Industry Event
Address: Guildhall, City of London,, EC2V 7HH
Margaret Thatcher Conference on Britain and America.
The special relationship between the UK and the US has been the central axis of British foreign policy for decades - and was at the heart of Margaret Thatcher’s thinking. But a new age brings new challenges. So what is the state of the Anglo-Saxon alliance - and how can and should it be strengthened both economically and diplomatically?
The Margaret Thatcher Conference on Britain and America will seek to answer these questions, providing an in-depth examination of the major tenants of the special relationship by key players and experts in the area.
The conference will examine the key pillars to the transatlantic relationship, assessing the state of them today, and what the future might have in store. The US-UK relationship will be examined from economic, diplomatic and philosophical angles from experts in each field.
- Robert Wood Johnson, the US Ambassador to the UK
- The Rt Hon Dr Liam Fox MP, Secretary of State for International Trade
- The Rt Hon George Osborne, Editor Evening Standard, Former Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Anne Applebaum, Washington Post journalist
- Catherine McGuinness, Chair, Policy & Resources Committee, City of London Corporation
To sign up or find out more information, please visit: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/cpsevents/253968.
PRCA members will receive a discount of 20% using the code 'DISCOUNT20' at the checkout.