Please join the PRCA for its inaugural Americas Forum on 10th December, 2020.
Event Type: Conference
Address: Online, Online
Session: Opening statements
- Francis Ingham MPRCA, Director General, PRCA
Session: Turning Numbers into Figures: Using data as a tool for business development
- Moderator: Tereza Kaneta, Partner, Brunswick São Paulo
- Lorena Carreno, General Director Marketing, Q Strategies Communications and President, Global Women in PR Mexico
- Claudio Cardoso, Chief Experience Officer, Growth3D
- Nitin Mantri MPRCA, Group CEO, Avian WE and President, ICCO PR
With 90% of the world’s data having been created in the last two years, big data has been a huge commodity in recent years, and it is only getting more valuable.
Coupled with the rapidity with which changes in data occur, it is very difficult to keep up with the latest developments. This panel session aims to improve your understanding on how to turn data into a business means.
Moderated by Tereza Kaneta, Partner, Brunswick São Paulo, and featuring Lorena Carreno, General Director Marketing, Q Strategies Communications and President, Global Women in PR Mexico, Claudio Cardoso, Chief Experience Officer, Growth3D, and Nitin Mantri, Group CEO, Avian WE and President, ICCO PR, this discussion will help you understand how data affects the bottom line, the threats and opportunities in data value creation, the best practices to be aware of, and how to utilise data to drive efficiency.
As the Fourth Industrial Revolution builds and 5G begins to roll-out, this session will build your confidence in the world of data and its use as a tool for business development.
Session: Behavioural Science and Neuroscience: Demystifying Behaviour
- Moderator: Adrian Wheeler FPRCA, Partner, Agincourt Communications and author of the PRCA Practice Guides 'Crisis Communications Management' and 'Writing for the Media'
- Hilary Scarlett, Founder, Scarlett & Grey
- Doug Downs, Managing Partner, JGR Communications
Nudge theory, psychodynamic perspective, social cognition approaches, game theory, neuroscience – it’s all rather theoretical. Let’s change that.
Do you want to know how to develop ‘nudges’ to encourage behaviour change? Want to know what’s going on in the brain that leads employees to behave in a certain way? Want to broaden your understanding of behavioural science? Want to measure and heighten the impact of your enterprise?
Moderated by Adrian Wheeler FPRCA, Partner, Agincourt Communications and author of the PRCA Practice Guides 'Crisis Communications Management' and 'Writing for the Media', this session with Hilary Scarlett, Founder, Scarlett & Grey, Doug Downs, Managing Partner, JGR Communications, will explore the unconscious drivers of human behaviour and consider the influences that contribute to people’s decisions in context. Developing your behavioural science toolkit will help your company better understand how to influence the consumer and employee journey.
To be able to understand, predict, and shape behaviour… Impossible? Not anymore.
Session: Leading from Everywhere: What does it mean to be a leader?
- Moderator: Fred Cook MPRCA, Director, USC Center for Public Relations, Annenberg School and Chairman, Golin
- Paul Stollery MPRCA, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Hard Numbers
- Ishtar Schneider CMPRCA, Associate Director, Edelman
- Eduardo Vieira MPRCA, President & Co-CEO, H+K Strategies Latin America
- Luciana Guillaumon, Global Brand Director, Unilever
Leaders. We all know them and, in some way or another, we all strive to be one. But what does a leader look like? What attributes to leaders have? How can you lead your team to achieve their full potential? What challenges do people face along their way to becoming a leader?
This panel session will be moderated by Fred Cook MPRCA, Director, USC Center for Public Relations, Annenberg School and will feature Eduardo Vieira MPRCA, President & Co-CEO, H+K Strategies Latin America, Paul Stollery MPRCA, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Hard Numbers, Ishtar Schneider CMPRCA, Associate Director, Edelman, and Luciana Guillaumon, Global Brand Director LATAM, Unilever, will explore these questions and more.
Delegates will leave this session with a better understanding of leadership as a holistic concept as well as ideas to implement when working withing their own organizations.
In this dynamic globalised world we should all strive to lead, but we don’t all know how – join us to find out!
Session: Measurement as a Business Tool: Let's cut the complexities
- Moderator: Sylvia Ortegon, Digital Marketing & Communications Officer LATAM & Spain, Talkwalker
- Johna Burke MPRCA, Global Managing Director, AMEC
- Andy West CMPRCA, Chief Development Officer, Hotwire
- Lucia Domville, Managing Director, Grayling New York
PR is coming under increasing scrutiny from clients and management to be prove its worth. At the same time, some of the traditional methods of evaluating a PR campaign are being dismissed as being ineffective.
The Barcelona Principles for PR measurement have recently been updated for the third time, encouraging the industry to focus on measurable parameters for outcomes, consider the channels deployed, and the business change they want to make.
PRCA LATAM is thrilled to be joined by Johna Burke, Global Managing Director, AMEC, and Andy West CMPRCA, Chief Development Officer, Hotwire, as we discuss the basic principles of measurement, how to embed measurement into the business, the common pitfalls of evaluation and how to avoid them, and more. The event will be moderated by Sylvia Ortegon, Digital Marketing & Communications Officer LATAM & Spain, Talkwalker.
This event will enable attendees to cut through the complex world of measurement and understand how it can deliver better and more impactful communications.
Can you afford to miss this?...
Session: Prove it: A masterclass on using social media metrics
- Moderator: Steve Dunne FPRCA, Chief Executive, Digital Drums Ltd
- Danny Whatmough CMPRCA, Managing Director, Red Consultancy
- Cedric Brown MPRCA, Digital and DEI Consultant
- Rax Lakhani CMPRCA, Digital PR Strategist, Trainer, and Chair of PRCA Diversity Network
Knowing how to use social media in effective ways is not a gift, it is a learned skill. Using simple tips and tricks that can be mastered over time will give you, your team, and your organisation the ability to work in the most efficient and efficacious way possible. This discussion intends to do just that.
Social media campaigns come down to the behaviour of an audience and their interaction with content. Every update, post, presentation, picture, video that you upload to social media will have an impact. So, if you aren’t capturing and evaluating that audience, their sentiment, their activity, and the insights, you may not be evaluating your social media outputs effectively.
Moderated by Steve Dunne FPRCA, CEO, Digital Drums, and featuring Danny Whatmough CMPRCA, Managing Director, Red Consultancy, Rax Lakhani CMPRCA, Digital PR Strategist, Trainer, and Chair of PRCA Diversity Network, and Cedric Brown MPRCA, Digital Strategies, this session will de-cloak social media and the metrics that make it such an effective communications tool. Including all the acronyms you love to hate – KPIs, ROI… – we will examine why it is imperative we all learn how to use social media metrics and how it will benefit social media campaigns and beyond.
Session: Join Us: A masterclass on how to attract, retain, and train talent
- Moderator: Barbara Bates MPRCA, CEO, Hotwire North America
- Alexandra Lewington MPRCA, Head of PR and Communications Recruitment, Reuben Sinclair
- Molly McNaughton MPRCA, PR Executive, Virgin Care
- Kristian Foged, Founder, Simply Thought
“Time spent on hiring is time well spent.” – Robert Half
We have all heard someone comment on the difficulty in attracting and retaining talent. But whether it’s the lack of training opportunities, the lack of scope for personal development, or the lack of broader possibilities within an organisation, we must find a solution.
As technology and demographics evolve, are you ready for the future of work? How can companies innovate and motivate their workforce? What are the policies and benefits the new working generation wants to see?
This session will focus on people, technologies, and processes. Moderated by Barbara Bates MPRCA, CEO, Hotwire North America and featuring Alexandra Lewington MPRCA, Head of PR and Communications Recruitment, Reuben Sinclair, and Molly McNaughton, PR Executive, Virgin Care, we will discuss building smart working environments, the future of remote working, marrying workforce satisfaction and business objectives, and the strategic outcomes of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Preparing for a yet to be defined future is a nerve-wracking task, so let’s do it together.
Session: Shifting Gears: Is the future Latino?
- Moderator: Ciro dias dos Reis MPRCA, CEO and Founder, Imagem Corporativa
- Lucas de Aragao, Partner, Arko Advice
- Paula Restrepo Feo MPRCA, Country Manager, H+K Strategies Colombia
- Alice Pagan, Senior Public Relations Manager for Latin America, Guinness World Records
“They portray us in black and white. We are a region in technicolor.” – Aram Aharonian
Information from the USA and Europe dominates mainstream media and opinion pieces. For a long time now, social, political, and economic unrest has kept Latin America out of the spotlight, but things are beginning to change. Couple a rich and full pool of creative minds with forward-thinking leaders and the future may very well be Hispanic…
Join Paula Restrepo Feo MPRCA, Country Manager, H+K Strategies Colombia, Lucas de Aragao, Partner, Arko Advice, and Alice Pagan, Senior Public Relations Manager for Latin America, Guinness World Records, as they discuss what the future of the communications industry looks like, how its leadership is developing and being challenged, and in what ways the rest of the world should be supporting this market. The discussion will be moderated by Ciro dias dos Reis MPRCA, CEO and Founder, Imagem Corporativa.
Session: Genuine Impact: How to work with Influencers
- Moderator: Jessica Erdman, Product Marketing Manager, InfraCode
- Paula Nadal MPRCA, Vice President of Creative Strategy, Ideal H+K Strategies
- Juan Marenco, CEO, BeInfluencers
- Erica Firmo, Head of Communications, Growth Markets, LinkedIn
Influencer marketing is no longer a niche but is a mainstream way for organizations to disseminate their content on social media to a wider and more diverse audience.
We have all seen poorly selected influencers work on campaigns and get dragged by the media for it but if organizations select suitable influencers it can create very positive return on investment.
This panel session will feature Paula Nadal MPRCA, Vice President of Creative Strategy, H+K Strategies Latin America, Juan Marenco, Director General, BeInfluencers, and Erica Firmo, Head of Communications, Growth Markets, LinkedIn and will be moderated by Jessica Erdman, Product Marketing Manager, InfraCode. Panelists will be discussing where influencer marketing going, what the trends are that you should be aware of, and how you capitalize on the changing face of this dynamic communications technique.
Even if you have worked in influencer marketing in the past, it is vital to continue to upskill and keep abreast of new techniques, software, and legislations. This session will give you the confidence to go forth and influencer-away!
Session: Closing statements
- Pedro Cadina MPRCA, CEO, Vianews and Director of International Relations, ABRACOM
- Gustavo Averbuj CMPRCA, CEO, Ketchum Argentina and PRCA LATAM Chairman