For many communications specialists, it is MPs, Ministers and civil servants that they concentrate on to lobby or target their messaging. But with the move towards devolution, it is more important than ever to ensure you include local government in your stakeholder management and communications strategies.
Event Type: Webinar
Address: Webinar, Webinar
Places available: 50
Places remaining: 49
Trainer: Dr. Stuart Thomson
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand how local government is set up - the different tiers and their responsibilities including unitary authorities, London boroughs, districts, metropolitan and county councils.
- Recognise the major influences Mayors and councils have in improving and developing their local areas.
- Understand the decision making process particularly around planning and licensing issues.
- Understand the implications of the government's levelling-up agenda.
- Recognise the implications of devolution on communications and public affairs.
- Consider ways of successfully working with councillors, officers and local resident groups
- Consider how to target your public affairs strategies and messaging at a local audience
Who should attend:
This course is designed for all communicators working with local authorities or considering working with local audiences as part of their public affairs campaigns.
What will you learn:
- How to build local audiences into your stakeholder management and public affairs strategies
- How to best work with local authorities
- How to target councillors and officers with your messaging and campaigns
What materials attendees will receive:
Attendees will receive the comprehensive course presentation which includes case studies and links to free sources of further information.