Performance management is a process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s objectives and overall contribution to the organisation. It is a framework to allow time to listen, to coach and to motivate the team. The difference between a good manager and a great manager lies within the ability to get the best out of the people you manage. This workshop will focus on how to encourage the high performers in the team; how to drive even better results from the majority; and how to challenge those who are under-performing.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of a robust performance management system and put them into practice
- Ensure a good balance between focussing on business objectives and organisational behaviours
- Confidently give regular, emotionally-intelligent feedback that either maintains excellent performance or improves below average performance
- Conduct effective performance conversations that are rewarding and motivational
- Manage negative reactions from team members
- Encourage all employees to perform to the best of their ability