Join as a PRCA individual member and demonstrate your commitment to best practice and professionalism in PR and communications.
For over 45 years the PRCA has given a voice to the PR and communications industry. Whether you are an individual working within an in-house team, or an independent consultant managing your own micro-business, the PRCA provides you with the recognition that you are a PR and communications practitioner that adheres to the highest professional standards.
For an annual fee of £100+VAT we offer you a suite of fantastic membership benefits to help you excel in you role. You can simply join online here.
Ten great reasons why you should join the PRCA as an individual member
1. All PRCA members abide by our Codes of Conduct and Professional Charter showing that you work to the highest professional standards. By displaying the PRCA Individual membership logo on your website, stationery and email and using our designatory letters MPRCA, you display your commitment to transparent and ethical communications.
2. Develop your skills through our extensive training and qualifications programme. As an Individual member you will qualify for discounted training and your first online training session is free!
3. Network your way to success with our learning and networking events designed specifically for our individual members.
4. Access the latest market intelligence and industry insight including research documents, case studies, white papers, industry data, contract templates, guidance and PRCA Insights.
5. Join two PRCA sectoral groups which are a key source of information, sector expertise and peers.
6. Save money - Enjoy discounted conferences and awards entries as well as discounts to a wide range of business and consumer products and services via our PRCAXtra service.
7. Receive PR and communications advice from industry experts at a discounted rate as well as daily updates from our partner Kantar Media.
8. By playing a part in our industry’s representative body, you will be recognised as an industry leader.
9. Be part of an organisation that stands up for you - the PRCA has a high profile in the trade, national and broadcast media, and promotes members’ interests on industry issues. As the voice of the industry, the PRCA has saved PR and communications practitioners an estimated £100million through legal battles with the Newspaper Licensing Agency (NLA).
10. Get access to discounted industry services via PRCA Commercial Partners.
Independent contractors and freelancers
We understand the challenges of working for yourself, so we provide you with the ready-made network to support you in your role, and the tools to support your micro-business.
Win new business – Individuals who choose to register as an independent consultant or freelancer will be added to our matching tool (powered by The Work Crowd). The portal matches freelancers to consultancies and in-house teams who require ad hoc or on-going support. Functionality includes real time matching, online messaging, video chat, a secure payment gateway for invoicing and the ability to collaborate, manage and deliver projects easily. You are also invited to attend group training sessions and will have access to bespoke online webinars. Training will include how to best use and get the most out of the platform; how to build your own personal brand and top tips on how to both win and retain new work.
Grow your network – The PRCA hosts many learning and networking events designed specifically for our individual members. We also have a dedicated Independent Consultants Group – powered by The PR Network.
Increase your visibility - Independent consultants and freelancers are listed in our PRCA online directory which is used by communications professionals to help them source professional assistance.
Individual CMS (Communication Management Standard) - Our independent consultant and freelance members are encouraged to complete CMS through our external auditors. Completing CMS will enhance your reputation in front of clients and within the industry. The audit is carried out in conjunction with a consultation from Redfin (www.redfin.co.uk) who will assist in achieving the required standard to pass.
Hot desks and meeting rooms - We recognise that independent professionals need productive spaces to work in, so we have teamed up with NearDesk to provide simple access to hot desks and meeting rooms nationwide. With a range of professional environments around the UK, all equipped with high internet access, you can either book a desk space in advance or simply turn up. And touching in and touching out with a NearDesk card means you only pay for what you use. There's no endless paperwork either, just set up your payment details and receive one invoice each month to cover all your usage.
Speaking, training and facilitation opportunities - PRCA partners with SpeakerHub.com - Europe's fastest-growing community of professional, independent, or specialist public speakers and trainers. We are working with SpeakerHub to develop a specialist group of speakers from the PR & Communications industry across Europe. This service is completely free of charge for you, and is a great visibility opportunity as well as the potential to earn money from speaking engagements. We have even negotiated a SpeakerHub Pro Account for the first year of your participation.
For an annual fee of £100+VAT, you can join as a PRCA individual member. You can simply join online here. To keep you abreast of key industry developments, we also offer PRCA individual membership plus a year’s subscription to PRWeek for £280+VAT.
The PRCA Individual Membership brochure can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions, please email Hasnath Kalam - firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Membership team on 020 7233 6026.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any hidden, one-off extra joining fees?
No, we have a simple joining process – there are no hidden, on-off extra joining fees.
How quickly can I join?
We can set your Individual membership up within one working day. You can simply join online here.
Why is the cost so low, compared with other membership organisations?
We’re just more efficient and better value!
Do I need a reference?
No. All members sign up to our Code of Conduct, and as PR and communications professionals, we trust that the information you provide will be honest and accurate.