Communications Management Standard (CMS) is the mark of communications professionalism worldwide. Created by the PRCA, it is based on ISO 9001 and Investors In People, with criteria tailored specically to the needs of in-house PR and communications teams.
The eight key areas in-house teams are scored on are:
- Leadership & Communication
- Project Management
- Business Planning
- Monitoring satisfaction
- Business Improvement
- People Management
- Budgetary Management Systems
- Project Management Systems
How does a PR in-house team benefit from CMS?
1. It’s proof you have a well-run in-house communications team with all the correct systems and structures in place.
- A well-structured and accomplished senior management team that harnesses an effective internal and external communication system at all levels.
- Clear business goals and objectives that are embraced at all levels. Objectives that are frequently reviewed and compared to performance to ensure continued agency-wide excellence.
- Monthly management accounts have consistent and effective processes for calculating client fees, billing and credit control, and staff time management.
2. It demonstrates to your staff that you have a real commitment to their development.
- Employee selection is based on needs of the position.
- Employment includes an immediate induction, regular formal appraisals, personal development plans and training.
- The company acknowledges the diversity and equality policy which demonstrates best practice and informs the recruitment process.
3. If you are looking to grow your business, CMS is an excellent tool for growth.
- An In-house team has a proactive strategy for business improvement with effective systems for the management of its projects and people.
- CMS identifies areas of improvement and growth in all aspects of the business.
The benefits of PRCA In-house CMS can be read in our brochure, click here to download.