A real PR and Communications job, in a real PR and Communications consultancy or in-house team. As a Higher Apprentice, you will learn on-the-job, picking up skills and CV-enhancing experience while studying for nationally-recognised qualifications. A genuine opportunity to 'earn while you learn' in an exciting, varied and challenging industry.
What is the apprenticeship?
- The PR Apprenticeship is a Level 4 Higher apprenticeship in Public Relations.
- It is a real job, in a real consultancy, or real in-house team.
- As a Higher Apprentice you will learn on-the-job, picking up skills and experience from colleagues and mentors, while also studying for a nationally, and industry recognised accreditation.
- The programme is the PR and Communications Assistant Standard, from which you can get a Level 4 Qualification.
- The programme lasts for 18 months.
- It is nationally- and industry-recognised.
- It’s the same as any other apprenticeship in that you learn on-the-job, whilst earning a wage, and studying.
- Of the five working days of the week, you will have one to ‘study’ and complete your theoretic assessments.
- To guide you in this, you will get an assessor that will be your ‘tutor’ for the duration of the apprenticeship. He/she will set and mark your work throughout the course, and have regular tutorials with you.
- Towards the programme close, you will complete an end-point-assessment which includes a project and a final presentation.
- The units on the qualification are accompanied with training courses PRCA offer to support knowledge and understanding.
- A Level 4 Diploma is a Higher Apprenticeship.
- It is the equivalent to a Foundation degree.
- The qualification consists of a series of projects which assist apprentices to compile relevant evidence from the workplace.
- Successful apprentices will have demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills, along with enthusiasm and a desire to work in Public Relations.
The PR Apprenticeship offers many benefits, including:
- Earn money, get qualified, gain experience
- An excellent alternative to university
- Receive relevant and specific training in many key areas of public relations
- Gain a nationally and industry recognised PR qualification
- Receive support during training
- Access to PRCA’s learning resources
- Expert training from the PRCA through webinars and face to face training
- Membership with the leading industry body for PR and Communications professionals