Objective: To successfully sell in your stories to journalists, requires forward
planning and an effective sales technique. This workshop will provide you
with all the tools, techniques and help you will need to make selling those
stories in a straightforward process.
• Identifying which journalists and titles you want to target
• Overview of your contact portfolio – analysis of where you are now and the ideal
portfolio of journalists and contacts
• Stakeholder mapping – influence vs visibility
• Transforming relationships through the use of DiSC (a personal behaviour assessment tool) to understand personal and others behaviour and communication traits.
• Developing a plan
Pre-contact – Understanding & Research
• Planning what research is required before you make contact with a new journalist
• Understanding needs and situation – questioning and establishing their needs and possible opportunities
• Presenting a relevant sales pitch of your story
• How to close and get commitment from the journalist