If your position requires you to speak in public but the reality of presenting makes you feel a little nervous or uneasy, it’s probably worth investing in some speaker coaching. If, on the other hand, you enjoy public speaking but feel you have lost the impact or gravitas you once had, then this energetic and participative one-day workshop is just right for you too.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: PRCA, 82 Great Suffolk Street, London, SE1 0BE
Places available: 6
Places remaining: 6
Trainer: Louise Third MPRCA
Who’s the Coach?
Louise Third MBE MPRCA is a member of the UK Speechwriters’ Guild. She works with individuals and teams, from all sectors and professions, who need to become effective and memorable presenters. She is frequently engaged by blue-chip companies to work with senior management teams on important bid and contract presentations, and she helps to produce conference speeches for company presidents, chairmen and CEOs.
Louise is an accomplished speaker and businesswoman who has worked in business development, project consultancy and public relations since 1985. Her firm, Integra Communications, handles PR for several national public and private bodies. She has radio and TV appearance experience and helped to establish Nottingham Speakers’ Corner in 2007. Louise was appointed a Trustee of the Speakers’ Corner Trust in 2011 and was made an MBE in 2016.
How will you benefit? You will:
- Save precious time by using focused presentation planning tools;
- Build confidence to experiment with new content and delivery styles;
- Improve your audience response-to-action rate;
- Re-establish your professional ‘presence’ and gravitas.
Who should attend?
Delegates will have had some experience of presenting and will be using the skill as an integral part of their work. Ideal for account managers, business development or sales executives, agency directors and senior account executives.
What will you learn? How to:
- Refine and develop your unique speaker style;
- Take complete control of the speaking opportunity to benefit you and your audience;
- Organise your thoughts under a single clear, memorable and compelling message;
- Connect with the audience in an informal, engaging and persuasive manner using story-telling, facts and emotion;
- Employ the best stage-craft techniques to hold everyone’s attention. whatever your role.
Special Delegate Requirements:
Delegates are asked to bring a pre-prepared slide-free 7- minute talk to work on.
What materials will you receive?
We will use the Speaker Masterclass Workbook as well as exercise handouts throughout the day. Delegates may bring laptops to make notes. Video is not used in this workshop.