Behavioural Economics (BE) is a new social science which combines classical economics with experimental psychology and neuroscience. It’s making waves in advertising, sales, and how both corporate and public bodies engage with their stakeholders.
BE recognises that most of us, most of the time, do not make decisions rationally but instead quickly, impetuously, and capriciously. BE sets out to discover how people’s minds work in real life as opposed to the pages of economics textbooks.
Event Type: Webinar
Address: Online, Online
Places available: 50
Places remaining: 39
Trainer: Adrian Wheeler FPRCA
Delegates will learn about:
- The insights of BE experts like Kahneman, Cialis, Thaler, Sunstein, Gigerenzer, Ariely.
- Some basic BE tools and techniques: Prospect Theory, Primary Error, the Endowment Effect, Framing, Availability, the Halo Effect, Anchoring, Choice Architecture.
- How to apply BE to new business presentations.
- How to use BE in managing client relationships.
- How to use BE on behalf of clients in PR programme design.
Delegates will benefit from this webinar by:
- Gaining a new perspective on how clients choose agencies.
- Seeing how BE can help us manage relationships with clients and seniors more successfully.
- Acquiring the basics of some new techniques to use in our PR programme design toolkits.
- Learning some basic BE insights for use in planning discussions with clients and seniors.
- Acquiring knowledge to enlarge the scientific basis of public relations and public affairs.
The webinar avoids jargon and uses practical examples from BE research as illustrations.