NextGen Public Affairs (NextGen PA) was established in 2010 (as the Young Consultants' Committee) and represents practitioners up to the age of 30. The NextGen PA Chairs sits on the Public Affairs Board Executive Committee. The primary focus of NextGen PA is to provide a voice for young practitioners to engage with the wider work of the Public Affairs Board as they progress through their careers.
NextGen PA has been a great success, largely attributable to the enthusiasm and commitment of its members, who are elected annually for a maximum of three years. NextGen PA can be contacted by emailing the Chair (email@example.com).
- Tiffany Burrows MPRCA, Newington (Chair)
- Anna Jobling MPRCA, Interel (Vice-Chair)
- Adnan Chowdhury MPRCA, Hanover (Vice-Chair)
- Harvey Chandler MPRCA, Headland Consultancy
- Emily Fisher MPRCA, Four Communications
- Emma Shearer MPRCA, Political Intelligence
- Caitlin Wilkinson MPRCA, GK Strategy
- Emily Gainsford MPRCA, Weber Shandwick
- Emma Nicholson MPRCA, Quiller Consultants
- Kenneth Pritchard MPRCA, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Alicia Rojo Santos MPRCA, PB Consulting
- Camilla de Coverly Veale MPRCA, Maitland
- Jonathan Andrew MPRCA, Field Consulting
- Stephen Roberts MPRCA, The Whitehouse Consultancy
Programme of work and achievements includes:
- Organising a range of networking and development events, well-attended by consultants of all age ranges from Public Affairs Board members and beyond. These include networking events, panel discussions, and the highly competitive annual quiz.
- Undertaking the annual survey of young consultants, to seek their feedback on the Public Affairs Board and its work, together with broader views on the industry.
- Contributing to the running of Public Affairs Board training sessions, through participation in the role plays, hosting duties, and regularly updating the scenarios used in the role plays to keep these relevant to young practitioners.
- Developing the scenarios for Public Affairs Board online training module on the Public Affairs Code.
- Establishing a database of contacts in all member organisations to disseminate information about the NextGen PA programme.
- Providing a link between Public Affairs Board and young practitioners.